The production process
Milling applies to all those cases in which slot holes can not be realized by traditional punching or drilling. For close holes up to 0,15 mm width milling become the most convenient technology.
The diameter of the hole and its width are carried out going through different steps.
Product | Four type of slot can be obtained thanks this proccess:
1) Conical – parabolic Slot
2) Cylindrical parallel Slot
3) By-cilindricall trapezium Slot
4) By-cylindrical cylindrical Slot
Material | The most commonly used materials are:
Carbon steel, stainless steel, Hardox, titanium, chromium-nickel alloys, aluminium,
copper and the relevant alloys.
Sheets | The main characteristics of plates processed through this technology are:
Thickness of sheets (mm)
From 1 to 100
From 1 to 100
The slot holes can be produced on customer’s request or drawing; this aspect is
particularly interesting in case of special applications.
As well as for the other perforating processes also in this case we can carry out
special surface finishings after milling such as lapping, glazing, electro-polishing
and washing in order to assure a perfect cleanness of the holes.
To obtain an estimate indicate:
1) Type and quality of material, thickness and size of the waterjet plates.
2) Requested quantity and kind of perforation.
4) Tollerance and type of finishing of finishing of the sheets.
3) Drawing in DWG file if available.